Here are the guiding questions the students work to answer as they read their books.
- Draw the character from the story.
- Make a Venn diagram comparing and contrasting you and a character from the story.
- What problems did the character have and how did they get solved?
- Make a web about the character.
- Draw the setting.
- Describe the setting with your senses. What could you hear? See? Smell? Touch? Taste?
- Create a new setting for the story. How might the story change because of the new setting?
- Create a new ending to the story.
- Write a new chapter to the story.
- Give the characters a new adventure that includes you in the story.